Boba Network is now live on Frontier
Now you can Send, Store, Track, Buy and Swap tokens on Boba Network with Frontier wallet.
We are pleased to announce that the Boba Network (BOBA) is officially live on the Frontier mobile app. Following this update, existing Frontier and BOBA users can now create, import, and track any wallet, while also enjoying full token transaction features including – sending, receiving, swapping, and buying tokens.
About Boba Network (BOBA)
Launched in August 2021, Boba is a next-generation Layer 2 scaling & augmenting solution for Ethereum.
It implements the Optimistic rollup technology to offer the best of both worlds, the security and decentralization rooted within Ethereum, and the low transaction costs and fast executions of layer 2. It also stands out for its streamlined exit of crypto assets to Ethereum backed by the community’s liquidity pools, cross-chain bridging, and more. Boba Network provides affordability to DeFi and NFT dApps on Ethereum by taking advantage of its ecosystem benefits while also offering code to execute on a more affordable web-scale infrastructure.
Key Boba Network highlights
- Low transaction costs: Boba Network offers significantly lower gas fees than those on Ethereum, by using its Optimistic rollup technology.
- Offers smart contracts scalability: This helps developers build dApps that can create and interact with Solidity smart contracts while using familiar wallet functionalities while benefiting from the native security of L1.
- Secured by Ethereum: Boba Network works as a child chain within Ethereum relying on its own consensus and security mechanism as an Optimistic Rollup Layer 2 protocol.
- Makes hybrid computation easier: Boba Network allows Ethereum developers to execute code on web-scale infrastructure. Allowing them to implement sophisticated algorithms more accessibly, in a process that would be otherwise quite challenging or impossible to perform on L1 chains.
- Helps in NFT bridging: Users can mint, move and sell their NFT assets between L1 and L2 or between different L2 solutions, making the development of NFTs easier and more convenient.
- Fast exit: Boba network offers quick exits backed by community-driven liquidity pools. This reduces L2 to L1 exit time to a few minutes instead of the usual duration of around seven days.
- Boba Bridge: transfers assets from Ethereum to Boba and between other L2 blockchains.
- DAO Governance: with its $BOBA token the network is also supporting governance with its decentralized autonomous organization, Boba DAO. It also offers rewards and equivalent voting rights for BOBA tokens staked on the network.
Speaking on the integration, Frontier Founder & CEO, Ravindra Kumar shared, “Extending the capabilities of the Boba Network to our users, and welcoming the thriving BOBA community to Frontier has been a key goal for us. Today, we’re pleased to support the emerging L2 chain on both iOS and Android versions of our app and offer users the benefits and experience that make the Boba Network popular, while also sharing seamless access to BOBA’s extended ecosystem. Additionally, as builders, we always appreciate the capabilities offered by L2 chains, especially with BOBA’s compute-focused L2 approach which is a key contributor to enhancing the base compute layer of the Ethereum ecosystem. That we believe is going to play a key role in driving DeFi innovation and accessibility.”
Alan Chiu, Founder & CEO of Enya, core contributor to Boba Network, added, “Boba has recently gone multi-chain, with support for EVM compatible chains. Fantom is amongst our first supported networks and was recently also added to Frontier. Boba Network is the first multi-chain execution layer, and the immediate benefits are already being offered to users and builders. We’re looking forward to more developments with Frontier as part of the BOBA ecosystem.”
How to use Boba Network on your Frontier app
Use the updated Frontier app on iOS and Android and on the homescreen, tap on the wallet icon, then expand the wallet list in the ‘Wallets’ drawer, finally tap on ‘Boba’ in your list to switch to the Boba Network.
You can now use your native Boba wallet on the Frontier app to:
- Boba Wallets: Users can create, import, connect, or even track existing wallets with ease. With the integration, users can even receive Boba from external wallets enabling them to store their Boba on the Frontier Wallet.
- Transaction Notifications: Users can now track any wallet and get instant updates with push notifications on any transactions as they happen.
- Token Transactions: Frontier users can easily send, receive, buy, and swap tokens; while also using the Frontier app to track token balances.
- Connect with dApps: Using secure layers provided natively within the Frontier app, users can connect with trusted dApps securely and effortlessly.
Frontier is a multi-chain, non-custodial DeFi wallet where you can buy, store, transact, swap, and invest in tokens and NFTs. Available on iOS and Android, you can easily earn passive income on your crypto by staking or supplying assets in DeFi apps. The Frontier Wallet app offers a secure mobile interface that lets users easily access a range of DeFi features with direct connectivity with dApps across chains.
Using Frontier, users can also track wallets, collect & manage NFTs and get push notifications on any transactions. Adding more chains and simplifying access to Web3, Frontier Wallet aims to make DeFi more accessible for the next billion users.
About Boba Network
Boba Network is a blockchain Layer-2 scaling solution and hybrid compute platform offering lightning-fast transactions and fees up to 60x less than Ethereum.
The Boba Network Hybrid Compute brings the power of Web2 on-chain, with smarter smart contracts that allow developers and creators to leverage off-chain compute and real-world data to offer an enriched experience unlike anything else on the market today.
Boba Network delivers a faster, cheaper, smarter experience for Ethereum’s next billion users.